“GIS OBJECTLAND” SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR NONCOMMERCIAL USERS
IMPORTANT NOTICE: READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING TO USE THE COMPUTER SOFTWARE, HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS “PROGRAM”.
THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT REPRESENTS THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT CONCERNING THE PROGRAM BETWEEN YOU, HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS “LICENSEE”, AND THE COMPANY “RADOM-IT”, HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS “LICENSOR”, AND THIS AGREEMENT SUPERSEDES ANY PRIOR AGREEMENTS BETWEEN THE PARTIES. THE PROGRAM IS COPYRIGHTED AND ITS USE IS LICENSED. BY INSTALLING AND USING THE PROGRAM, YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE PROGRAM.
1. Grant of License. Licensor hereby grants to you, and you do hereby accept, a nonexclusive license to use the Program subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You shall not make modifications to the Program. You may not decompile the software of the Program, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
2. Licensor’s Rights. You acknowledge and agree that the Program is a proprietary product of Licensor protected under copyright law of Russian Federation and international treaty provisions. You further acknowledge and agree that all right, title, and interest in and to the Program, including associated intellectual property rights, are and shall remain with Licensor. This License Agreement does not convey to you an interest in or to the Program, but only a limited right of use revocable in accordance with the terms of this License Agreement.
3. Licensee’s Rights.
a. Licensee may distribute copies of the Program, without charge of any kind, in unmodified form to persons who have agreed to the terms of this license agreement.
b. Licensee may distribute, without charge of any kind, applications developed using the Program to persons who have agreed to use such applications for noncommercial purposes, pursuant to a license agreement containing terms and provisions at least as restrictive and protective of Licensor’s rights and interests as this Agreement.
4. Rental Fees. This license is granted to you on a noncommercial basis. Therefore, no Rental Charges are involved, unless you breach the terms and conditions of this License Agreement. Upon any such breach and the request of Licensor, you shall pay Licensor the applicable rental charges equal to the price of an analogous version of the Program for commercial use.
5. Term. This License Agreement is effective upon installation of the Program and will remain in effect until terminated. You may terminate this License Agreement at any time by giving 30 days prior written notice to Licensor. Licensor may terminate this License Agreement upon your breach of any term hereof. Upon termination by Licensor, you agree to discontinue usage and return or destroy all copies and portions of the Program.
6. Limited Warranty. THE PRODUCT IS LICENSED “AS IS”, AND LICENSOR DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
7. Limitation of Liability. In no event shall Licensor be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary damages or lost profits, even if Licensor has been advised of the possibility of such damages. THE ABOVE LIMITATION SHALL NOT BE SUBJECT TO LEGAL PROCEEDINGS.
8. Trademark. The trademark listed on the Program is a trademark of Licensor. You agree that no such right shall be asserted by you with respect to such trademark. Should you have any questions about this License Agreement or about the Program, please contact the company “Radom-IT” or its representative office.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS SPECIFIC TO EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS AND RESEARCH CENTERS (ACADEMIC LICENSE).
THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS STATED BELOW SHALL BE CONSIDERED INCORPORATED AND MADE PART OF THE PRIOR TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
1. Academic License. In order to be covered under these extended terms and conditions, Customer must first register on the website of the company “Radom-IT”.
2. Support Contact. Customer may designate one user as Support Contact when registering.
3. Licensee’s Rights (extended). Registered Customer, its students, or research teams are free to use the software for their research and teaching.
4. Licensee’s Limitations. Customer, its students or research teams shall, in no way, use the Program for any internal or external commercial business, or for any internal or external commercial operational activities. Customer is fully responsible for any prohibited use of Program by it, its students or research teams and accepts this nondisclosure clause for it, its students and/or research teams.
5. Support. Any of Customer’s registered Support Contact has full access to Radom-IT’s on-line support, as needed, for assistance with problem resolution relating to the proper operation of the Program.
6. Additional Support. Any additional support is subject to the terms and conditions of a separate agreement with Licensor.
7. Licensor’s Rights (extended). The company “Radom-IT” may use Registered Customer’s name in any of its marketing or promotional materials.